3 Functions of Chief Executive and department
Section 10 relates to the functions of the Chief Executive (and therefore the department) under the Act. The functions may be summarised as follows:
- to prepare and publish guidelines for the purposes of the Act;
- to prepare and provide reports associated with the operation of the Act;
- to monitor the extent to which the objects and principles of the Act are being achieved;
- to monitor the extent to which the State Disability Inclusion Plan and disability access and inclusion plans are being implemented;
- to monitor compliance of State authorities with the requirements of Part 5 of the Act (Part 5 relates to disability access and inclusion plans);
- to make recommendations relevant to the operation of Part 5 of the Act;
- to advise the Minister on matters relevant to the operation, administration and enforcement of the Act;
- other functions conferred by the Act or the Minister.
- What else could the Chief Executive be doing, from a practical perspective, to support or promote the objects and principles under the Act?