What are our principles?
Our principles guide our behaviour and create a shared understanding about what is important. Inclusive SA is based on the following principles for people living with disability:
- Fundamental human rights, responsibilities and autonomy
- Individual worth and dignity
- Participation in social economic life
- The right to realise physical, social, sexual, reproductive, emotional and intellectual capacities
- The right to make decisions, including supported decisions and to take risks
- Access to information in appropriate forms
- Respect for cultural and linguistic diversity, age, gender, sexual orientation and religious beliefs
- Rights to privacy and confidentiality
- Live free from neglect, abuse and exploitation
- Rights to pursue complaints and access justice
- Acknowledge and respect the crucial role of families, carers and friendship
- Respect the needs and rights of children as they develop
- Acknowledge and respect the abilities, strengths, goals and needs of people living with disability.