State Disability Inclusion Plan Consultation 2023
The inaugural State Disability Inclusion Plan – Inclusive SA concludes at the end of 2023. The State Government wants to ensure South Australians with disability can live and participate fully in the community by developing a new State Disability Inclusion Plan (State Plan).
The new State Plan will build on the foundations set by Inclusive SA, will be consistent with the principles enshrined in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) and be guided by South Australia’s commitments under Australia’s Disability Strategy.
To guide the development of the new State Plan, a discussion paper has been prepared.
This discussion paper is the start of consultation with people living with disability and the disability community. This includes carers, family and friends of people with disability, advocates for people with disability and those working within the disability sector.
Read the discussion paper on YourSAy
A public consultation process on the discussion paper is underway to help shape the new State Plan. It’s essential that the new plan draws on the expertise, experiences, and advice of people with disability and those with lived experience.
The consultation process is open from 9 October to 3 December 2023.
You can contribute to the consultation by:
- completing the online survey, or
- making a written, audio, visual and video submission using the questions in the discussion paper as a guide to DHSDisabilityInclusion@sa.gov.au.
We want to hear from as many South Australians as possible throughout the consultation period.
If you or your organisation would like to promote the opportunity to have your say, we encourage you to make use of the following promotional resources.
If you require any further resources, please email DHSDisabilityInclusion@sa.gov.au.
- The State Government wants your input into how we can make SA more accessible and inclusive for people with disability.
- A public consultation is underway to shape the new State Disability Inclusion Plan.
- It’s essential that the new plan draws on the expertise, experiences, and advice of people with lived experience of disability.
- South Australians living with disability, their families, carers, and members of the disability sector are invited to participate in the consultation.
- You can contribute to the consultation by completing an online survey or making a submission via email.
- Once the consultation process is finalised, a draft plan will be created. Further consultation will then take place to make sure it accurately reflects the feedback provided and will make a positive difference to the lives of South Australians with disability.
- For full details, visit yoursay.sa.gov.au/disability-inclusion-plan