Registration and entry to the event
Is the registration process accessible and informative?
Registration needs to be available through multiple methods, including phone, email and online. If your registration is primarily through an online option, provide people with phone and email contact details should they need to register in an alternative way.
Registration forms need to include:
- accessibility features of the venue
- information on parking, drop off points and public transport. Important information about public transport includes:
- Accessible transport services – not all bus services are accessible.
- Accessible stations – bus, train, tram, ferry (not all stations are accessible, provide details of the accessible station closest to the venue)
- Accessible pathways linking the station and the venue.
To enable organisers to make arrangements before the event, ensure participants are asked to provide information on their:
- accessibility requirements
- communication requirements such as Auslan interpreters or captioning
- dietary restrictions and sensitivities.
Has allowance been made for assistance animals?
People may bring an assistance animal with them. Provision needs to be made for rest, play, toileting and water.
Has consideration been given to allowing entry by companions?
Some people with a significant disability are accompanied by a support person who carry an authorised Companion Card. Consideration needs to be given to promoting entry to persons with a Companion Card who accompany a person with disability.