Supplying accessible formats: best practice
- Involve relevant experts, such as marketing and communications, from the earliest planning stages.
- Consider the needs of your audience in advance. Assess which, if any, accessible format versions are likely to be required.
- Plan ahead. Make sure the accessible formats are available at the same time as the standard print.
- If you intend to supply accessible formats on demand. You should produce these within a few days of the request. Make sure you are in contact with a range of suppliers. Make sure they can produce good quality materials in accessible formats.
- Make sure any consultation period is not reduced for people with disability. This could be due to accessible formats not being available at the launch or running out time during the consultation period.